Friday, April 14, 2006

Kidlets

My 4 y/o daughter, Summerlyn, comes into our room at about two AM. She whispers to her daddy:

"I didn't flush the toilet because I didn't want to make noise and wake you up."

"Um, thank you sweetie. Now go back to bed."

------

My friend's 3 y/o grandson sat in the barber's chair and declared, "I want to have a haircut just like my grandpa's -- with a hole in the middle, please."

------

At about 2 y/o, the twins were sitting in our van while we drove home one night. In the dark we hear Sydney's tiny voice: "I need a bath."

David asks, "Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm tinky and have leprosy pots." She always dropped her s's back then.

"Good reason." Silently laughing.

------

And this one today: the twins were playing "buyer" which means playing shopping. After a while they informed me that one of their customers didn't obey them.

"We told him to do something and he wouldn't."

"So we have to sacrifice him."

Spring and sacrifices. Hmmm. Sounds like Easter to me.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

Sheryle, thank you for visiting SWLF. Nikki is a wonderful, beautiful person. Its still not real to me.

Love,
Dawn

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Sheryle said...

lawbrat: I've been thinking of it all through the past two days now. I was so shocked when I found out. My heart and prayers truly are with you and everyone who loved her.

For those silent readers out there: Nikki was an extraordinary, compassionate woman who lost someone she loved tremendously. Nikki is a physician and at the end of last month went to Cambodia with Doctors Without Borders, to bring hope and healing to the people there, as well as to find it herself. Her extended family did not want her to go, but understood her needs. Her last words I saw blogged were to her family who she told not to worry, it wouldn't be forever. "I will return." Two days ago she was in a jeep with some locals and the jeep flipped, killing all of them instantly. Her family retrieved her body from the airport yesterday.

Please send your prayers for Nikki's loved ones and all of those who knew her, if only through her words. I only knew her through blogging, but was deeply impressed with her compassion and always felt we'd get along wonderfully had we actually met. Many, many people felt that way.

Visit: http://swlf.blogspot.com/ and
http://www.debutaunt.com/
to read more about her.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

Sheryle, this is beautiful. I read and re-read that part where Nikki says its not forever- that Sarah is forever- but she'll be back. It just seems like a huge injustice.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home