Thursday, February 02, 2006

Three Link Thursday

This is an interesting article. The hub and I always wanted to be very careful about TV with our children. When we moved to our current property nearly two years ago, we never hooked up the cable or dish because we didn't have the time and every dime went to fixing up the place. We have one fairly clear channel and 1-2 others that come in and out, but that's it. Like the couple in the article we had the painful withdrawal period. We still watch TV but it's only forkful of the pie in comparison. Then, after a few months, we had filled our time with other things, and we never eat with the TV on. We communicate instead. Weird, huh?

We mention the idea of cutting back on TV to some peopl and their implanted defibrillators kick in. David's parents were over around Christmas we watched Wife Swap together after the girls went to bed (because otherwise we'd be forced to communicate, but that's another story). In the show, one wife took the TV out of the house. That's when my father in law said, "if she did that to me...." The unspoken end of the sentence was "the jury would understand that I had to kill her."

When you think about it, isn't it bizarre that we schedule our lives around the stupid box and don't know what to do with ourselves if it's missing. Now that's real Twilight Zone fodder.

-----------

Alright, enough deep thoughts. Here's something else: my boss tells us that she is always open to new ideas to improve our work. I have an idea.

On the other hand, do you really want to be sleeping in a bunch of spheres upon which others have been drooling? How about one Napmosphere per person. I'm a genius.

-----------

I've known lawyers like this.

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 03, 2006 7:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I order all of the supplies for work, I will be glad to get us a few of those nanospheres. What color would you like?

GB

 
At Friday, February 03, 2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Sheryle said...

Black, with spikes. I want people to be afraid to wake me.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home