Monday, February 06, 2006

Childlike Quotations

I've heard a lot of excuses from children not wanting to do what they are told, but this was a doozy.

Daddy: "Summerlyn, come here right now!"

Yelling from the other side of her bedroom door: "But Daddy! I'm in the grave!"

I plan on using it next time my boss asks me to do something. Or when David gets that glint in his eye and I'm not in the mood. Or when I get a telemarketer on the line.

------

The girls call flatulence "tooting." As I was dressing them for bed, I commented on Summerlyn's round tummy.

"Wow, look at that big round tummy! It must be full of food!" I exclaimed.

"Yes," she agreed and then twisted around, "And my bottom must be full of toots, see how big it is?!"

I'm just glad she stopped there and didn't tell me to turn around.

------

I just remembered this the other day. When the girls were about 2 1/2, we were driving home at night. All was quiet in the car. Then we heard Sydney's tiny voice (she dropped her S's back then).

"Daddy, I need to take a bath."

"How come?"

"Because I'm tinky and have leprosy pots."

"Good reason."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home