Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Neverending Bedtime Challenge

This my extended response to Lawbrat's comment on The Bedtime Challenge.

The Neverending Bedtime Challenge:

Birth to 2 years:
Child: "Waaaaaaa!!!!"
Parent: "I'm sure it's your turn, dear."

2-7 years:
Child: "I'm thirsty!"
Parent: "For the eighteenth time, get BACK in bed!!"

7-13 years:
Child: "I'm not tired."
Parent: "For the eighteenth time, get BACK in bed!!"

13 years to adulthood:
Child: silence
Parent: "For the eighteenth time, get OUT of bed!!"

Empty Nest:
Parent: "I have to get up and pee AGAIN??"

I don't know about you, but I think I've just depressed myself.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

OMGosh that is great! I love the teen one- for the eighteenth time get out of bed!

Love it! Although Hunter is already there. When Phil was taking care of Hunter for the week I was in Detroit, he told me the only thing he didnt like was that Phil annoyed him. I asked him how. He said- he keeps bugging me to get up. I said, for school? He said yes. I told him thats not considered annoying him, its getting him to school on time!

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Sheryle said...

Wow, what cruelty, making him get up in the morning! Such a hard life. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home