Monday, January 09, 2006

The Bedtime Challenge

At this very moment the girls are doing their nightly routine called The Bedtime Challenge, also known as Who Can Drive Her Parents Insane the Fastest.

The twinlets are tucked into their tiny beds. We pull the covers up, kiss them, offer them potty break or water. Lights out, door closes. The Bedtime Challenge begins. The following phrases have been heard during this activity, but they experiment with new versions daily:

Door squeaks open:

"I have to go potty!"

"I'm thirsty."

"I love you a million and one!"

"I'm too hot!"

"I'm too cold!"

"Summerlyn fell asleep and won't talk to me!"

"My covers fell down. I need you to pull them up."

"There are small animals in my room."

"A snake bit me."

One time we saw the light on in their room and we opened the door. They whipped around and stared at us like deer in the headlights. They were kneeling on one of the beds, heads together, wearing hula skirts and fire helmets with the visors pulled down. Haven't a clue what they were doing. These are children who says things like "No Sydney, it's diurnal not nocturnal!" so for all we know they were planning the strategic overthrow of North Korea using only bendy straws and Play Doh. Keep an eye out for them in the news.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:10:00 AM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

The cartoon you linked to- SO DARN CUTE AND ACCURATE!!

Bedtime is a constant challenge. You think you get it into a good routine, all goes well for awhile, and BOOM! Back to a whole new set of challenges. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home