Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Where'd My Christmas Spirit Go?

Tonight as I was driving home from work, or more like parking home from work -- I was listening to Christmas music on the radio. Traffic on my commute home is always bad but with the Happy Holiday Season, it was frightful. After getting groceries I should have hauled them home in the cart on the shoulders of the highways. I would have gotten home sooner.

I have two channels of Christmas music that I flip back and forth when a song annoys me. Like Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town. No offense to anyone who likes it, but me, I can only hear it once a season and then I must flip the channel immediately upon hearing the first jingle bell bars, lest I go irreversibly insane.

Tonight they had segments of callers chatting with the DJ about happy Christmas memories. One woman told a touching story about her wonderful grandparents who gave her so many happy memories while they were alive. Then she asked the DJ to pick a song in their honor.

Immediately what came to my mind was Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. I need help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home