Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Perpetual Student


I've had an epiphany. Well, not really because I've thought of this over a few months now, but whatever. Semantics.

I'm not going to naturopathic medical school. At least not now. Maybe when I'm 50 because then the girls will be 18. But don't think that that will stop me. Oh no.

Here's the history. I got my Associates in Applied Science in Nursing in 1994. Then I got my certification in teletriage nursing in 2001. The BS degree (nursing) in 2004 (see pic above). I thought about continuing to get my Masters in nursing, but I really don't want to be a hospital administrator, nursing prof, or nurse practitioner. So scrap that. Since I've writing health articles and giving health lectures for several years now, I decided that's my niche. Plus I want to write books. The RN helps but need more.

Here's the plan. I'm going to get my Masters in Holistic Nutrition. Then my PhD in Naturopathic Health. Once I figured that out, I had profound moment of peace. I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. Whoohooo!!

But as eager as I am to move forward, I must pause and rest. It's only been a year since I got my last degree and I'm still exhausted all the time from the stupid Lyme Disease (DIE bug DIE!). Plus I don't want to miss my girls' precious and fleeting teensy-girlhood. So I will wait. Antsy.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can look back and say "I'm so glad I spent time with my girls" and be happy. You cannot look back and say "I wish I had spent more time with my girls" and be happy. Take it from an old lady who knows! (JoAnnie)

 
At Monday, December 19, 2005 9:55:00 PM, Blogger Sheryle said...

Thank you JoAnnie. I needed to hear that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home