Thursday, December 01, 2005

Love you, Honey!

Men are babies. Ok, this is not the beginning of an anti-men rant, but really, most wives out there know that when their man is sick, he's a baby. David's feeling better today but the past couple days he was pretty miserable. Like most women, when I'm sick I keep right on going, like a warped Energizer bunny. Must do laundry **sniff, sniff** must make food for progeny **cough, cough** must make herb tea for sick husband **near-faint episode**.

But men, when they are sick, it's (placing back of hand on forehead) "Ohhhh, dyyyinnnggg. Need massage." I used to be resentful but now I just roll my eyes. But if men don't get sympathy from you, they'll get it from somewhere else, which is exactly what happened yesterday. I could tell that he'd already had a conversation with his mother earlier when the phone rang and I answered:

"This is Mom. How are you doing?"

"Tired, but ok. Do you want to talk to your son?"

Pause. In a hushed tone normally heard standing over a hospital bed post brain surgery, "Is he able to speak?"

Rolling my eyes, I hand the phone to he who moments ago was giggling over something he saw on the Internet. He hears his mother's voice on the phone and his voice is suddenly hoarse, worn, near death, "Mom...."

Men. Gotta love 'em. Because it's not right to kick them.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:07:00 AM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

So true. Women gotta keep on goin', take care of all, and not skip a beat.

I've learned you can pretend to kick them...just barely miss and they get the point!

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:38:00 PM, Blogger Sheryle said...

Oooh, good tip! Sometimes all it takes is that look, and they automatically duck.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home