Thursday, December 29, 2005

Future Cardmakers of America

4-year-olds are interested in bodily functions. Very interested. That fact should have been foremost in our minds when we asked them to hand-make Christmas cards for the family. On Christmas Day I opened my card, which consisted of artwork by both of them.

"What's this?" I asked, pointing to one of two figures on the paper, the one with yellow spiral coming from the vaguely middle portion of the person.

"Potty." Sydney proclaimed cheerfully.

"Ok. Interesting," I said, trying to remain diplomatic while wondering what the cards that went to other family looked like. I pointed to the second figure, which has a rather large block of red that seemed to be coming from the legs, "What's this?"

"Blood." Summerlyn stated blithely.

"Oh? Why is there blood?" I'm trying to remain as nonchalant as they are.

She answers, "because he was attacked by a lion."

"Wow. I've never...EVER...had a Christmas card like this before, girls."

Hallmark is never going to hire my daughters. Unless the company comes up with an entirely new, bold, line of cards.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:16:00 PM, Anonymous lawbrat said...

Hmmmm. I defintely see a future in the creativity, reminds me of my 7 yr old Hunter. They would make great friends.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home