Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Shopping II

Having this cold, feeling like my head is a pumpkin (the size that wins prizes) stuffed with goo, I haven't been out of the house for a few days, but I did go to work today. Which means that I had to go shopping afterwards, since I refuse to leave my house for the next couple days.

It was a shopping miracle. I got excellent parking spaces wherever I went. I got in, got out, and I didn't even have to tackle anybody to do it. There were no cashier holdups ("Price check for super maxi pads, please!"), no customer holdups ("You rang up the price as $9.99 but I know there's a 2% discount and I'm not leaving until I get it!"), no long lines, no salespersons shoving perfume in my face, no crowds. I don't know how it happened, but it was a miracle.

I came home and Summerlyn had fallen asleep on my mom's couch, so I wrapped her up in a blanket and carried her home, her sister clomping behind me in her rubber boots. They are now all tucked in bed and I am about to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home