Friday, November 11, 2005

Quick Thinking

Summerlyn has a cold today, first one of the season. Not that this stops her from doing her normal 4-year-old activities of daily living. Currently both girls are in my bedroom making a rather elaborate tent system between the bed and chairs with blankets. They are wearing selections from my small collection of vintage full slips. I love to stop and watch them and listen to their conversations. But it's time to get out the elderberry syrup and echinacea/goldenseal. There's going to be loads of garlic in our broccoli for lunch today.

I'm intrigued by how they think. Summerlyn has a bad habit of chewing on paper. I asked her what was in her mouth when I saw her chewing on something. I like to give her the benefit of the doubt, in case it's just a raisin from under the kitchen table. She takes it out and says "nothing, anymore." I hope she doesn't grow up to be a politician.

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 11, 2005 1:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home